- Theodore Saloutos Book Award, Immigration and Ethnic History Society, 2018
- Henry Adams Prize, Society on History in the Federal Government, 2018
- Berkshire Conference of Women Historians Book Prize, 2017
- W. Turrentine Jackson Award, Western History Association, 2018
- Americo Paredes Book Award for Nonfiction, 2018
- Finalist, Weber-Clements Book Prize, Western History Association, 2018
- S. Deborah Kang, “Sovereign Mercy: The Legalization of the White Russian Refugees and the Politics of Immigration Relief,” Journal of American Ethnic History, forthcoming.
- Tom K. Wong, Ph.D., S. Deborah Kang, Ph.D., Carolina Valdivia, M.A., Josefina Espino, Michelle Gonzalez, Elia Peralta, “How Interior Immigration Enforcement Erodes Trust in Law Enforcement,” Perspectives on Politics, vol. 17, n. 4 (2019), 1-14.