- Krista Kshatriya, J.D. and S. Deborah Kang, Ph.D., “Walls to Protection: The Grim Reality of Trump’s ‘Remain in Mexico’ Policy,” October 29, 2019, U.S. Immigration Policy Center Policy Brief. La Jolla, CA: U.S. Immigration Policy Center.
- Tom K. Wong, Ph.D., S. Deborah Kang, Ph.D., Carolina Valdivia, M.A., Josefina Espino, Michelle Gonzalez, Elia Peralta, “How Interior Immigration Enforcement Erodes Trust in Law Enforcement” U.S. Immigration Policy Center Working Paper 3. La Jolla, CA: U.S. Immigration Policy Center.
- “Border Fiction Made Real: How Search and Seizure Laws Degrade on the 100-Mile Border Zone,” KCET Artbound, November 12, 2019.
- “The History of Citizenship Day is a Reminder that That Being an American Has Always Been Complicated,” Time Magazine, September 17, 2019.
- Carly Goodman, S. Deborah Kang, and Yael Schacher, “How advocates can defeat Trump’s latest assault on asylum seekers,” Washington Post, July 18, 2019.
- “How the U.S. Border Patrol Persuaded Congress to Legalize Unfettered Searches in Wide Border Zones,” Scholars Strategy Network Brief, November 7, 2018.
- “The US Begins Mass Deportation of Mexican Migrants,” “7 Moments that Changed America,” Time Magazine (print), July 9, 2018
- “The US Begins Mass Deportation of Mexican Migrants,” “25 Moments in American History that Matter Right Now,” Time Magazine (online), June 28, 2018